4. July 2014
Happy 4th Of July!
Happy 4thof July Friends!
While most American and some non-Americans around the world celebrate the grand independence of America by gathering family and friends, firing up the grill, chilling several dozen of God’s frosty gifts, donning red, white and blue, marveling at Ole Glory and waking up on the 5th wondering how it all really went…The GTC would like serve up a fresh dose of 4th Of July fun facts and righteous USA honoring tracks.
You knew we would!
- Only John Hancock actually signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. All the others signed later.
- Americans spend $203 million just on condiments for July 4th.
- If it were up to Declaration of Independence co-author & signer John Adams, we should celebrate the 4th Of July on The 2nd Of July.
- Approximately 68.3 million cases of beer are sold for the 4th of July.
- My, My, American Apple Pies actually originated in England.
- The US imports about $3.6 million of American flags each year, most of them from China.
- The tune of the National Anthem was originally used by an English drinking song called To Anacreon in Heaven. L’chaim!
- US Presidents John Adams, Thomas Jefferson and James Monroe all died on the 4th of July.
- Approximately 150 million hot dogs are consumed on the 4th Of July.
(Sources: Jewish Journal & Our Tasty Brains)
The more ya know…
So, however you celebrate America’s Independence as a nation and as a people’s spirit, be safe, have fun and keep on rockin’…
You read the facts now here are the tracks…
James Brown – ‘Living in America’ (1985)
Hank Snow – ‘I’ve Been Everywhere’ (1962)
Elton John – ‘Philadelphia Freedom’ (1975)
Kid Rock – ‘American Bad Ass’ (2000)
John Mellencamp – ‘R.O.C.K. In The USA’ (1985)
Ray Charles -‘America The Beautiful’ (1972)
And Yous Knows It…
The Boss – ‘Born In The USA’ (1984)
We Want To See You Back Here Tomorrow, Party Safely…