By Walter Price
Oakland, CA indie bedroom sounds machine, Everyone Is Dirty, have announced their first tour of the US Southwest. Bringing their art meets rock to a deserving venue near you or at least you can hope.
Emma Silvers wrote for the San Francisco Bay Guardian, “Setting aside the darkly ear-wormy melodies, haunting vocals, and refreshingly crisp grunge-pop that goes into Everyone Is Dirty’s sound, it’s singer Sivan Gur-Arieh’s violin slicing sweetly above the chaos of a final chorus, adding a heightened sense of gothic romance to a bridge that sets the Oakland art-rock quartet apart from the current fuzzy, grungy masses. It’s also a big part of the band’s charisma, an invitingness coming through music that technically should feel cold – sure, Gur-Arieh’s distinctive whisper-wail would be at home providing the soundtrack to an artsy vampire flick, but you also trust her, and the weirdness, in the same way you trust the Pixies’ or Sonic Youth’s weirdness; it doesn’t seem to be an affectation.”
Right, we add that this is a uniquely delicious collective of artists accomplishing a dynamic, playfully murky all over the place, certainly interesting experience that should be explored, bathed in before you take anyone’s word(s) for granted. Form your own needy lust for something new in the depths of Everyone Is Dirty.
The Hot N Bothered Tour will bring Sivan Gur-Arieh, Tyler English, Christopher Daddio and Tony Sales’ standalone music on the road before they drop their new cheerfully titled album DYING IS FUN September 2nd via Tricycle Records. Which begs us to ask…How would you know.
Try to catch a show and cheer for a band introducing sounds unlike ones you may have heard before. EID’s Sivan Gur-Arieh tells the GTC, “If you ask me, our live show is dark, intense, impossible to turn away from, performance art meets symphonic artrock, explosive, mesmerizing, sexy.”
Too bad we’ll have to miss it, we are very far away…
- 2 July – LOS ANGELES CA, LOS GLOBOS
- 3 July – SCOTTSDALE AZ, ROGUE BAR
- 4 July – PHOENIX AZ, LOST LEAF
- 5 July – SANTA FE, NM SANTA FE UNIVERSITY OF ART & DESIGN
- 6 July – LUBBOCK, TX BAR PM
- 7 July – NORMAN, OK RED BRICK
- 8 July – FAYETTEVILLE, AK JR’s LIGHTBULB CLUB
- 9 July – TULSA, OK THE SOUNDPONY
- 10 July – DENTON, TX RUBBER GLOVES
- 11 July – ARLINGTON, TX THE CHUGGIN’ MONK
- 12 July – AUSTIN, TX THE BLACKHEART
- 13 July – AMARILLO, TX THE 806
- 14 July – ALBUQUERQUE, NM LOW SPIRITS
- 15 July – TUCSON, AZ CLUB CONGRESS
- 17 July – SAN JOSE, CA CAFE STRITCH]
How do you take your indie music…