|Jerry Lee Lewis|
Today The GTC is ecstatic to wish the one and only Jerry Lee “The Killer” Lewis a Very Happy (and somewhat surprising) 78th Birthday!
We could go on and on about all the great, wild and straight up silly things you have done in the music business and your crazy personal life or we could talk about how artists like Elton John, Kid Rock, Neil Young, The Beatles, Stray Cats, Mickey Gilley, John Fogerty, The Rev. Horton Heat, The Band & Lynyrd Skynyrd wouldn’t be the same without your groundbreaking and piano destroying works.
But we choose to simply thank you for a few things that you have unleashed on the world that made it a much better place!
- Your version of Kris Kristoferson’s “For The Good Times” (’72)
- “Whole Lotta Shakin’ Goin’ On” (’57)
- “Great Balls of Fire” (’57)
- And your take on “Chantilly Lace” (’72)
- And the entire Live At The Star Club, Hamburg (’64)